Uwe Wittwer (born 1954) is a Swiss artist. He lives and works in Zurich, Switzerland. The media he uses include watercolour, oil painting, inkjet prints and video.
- Journeys with ‘The Waste Land’, Group show around T.S. Eliot's Wasteland, Herbert Art Gallery, Coventry, 15. September - 18. November 2018
- Group show "Im Streiflicht – Aktuelle Malerei", Kunsthalle Palazzo Liestal,
14. September - 28. October 2018
- Solo show "The Spoils of Ward" at Judin Gallery, Berlin,
opening 28. September 2018
- Solo show at Galerie Peter Kilchmann, Zurich,
opening 11. January 2019
- Solo show at Kunsthaus Grenchen,
opening 23. March 2019
"Die Augen der Bilder - Porträts von Fragonard bis Dumas"
Text by Markus Stegmann and Isabel Zürcher, includes English translation.
In conjunction with the exhibition with the same title at Museum Langmatt, September - December 2017.
Published by Hatje Cantz, 2017
"Uwe Wittwer Im Widerschein - Scherben"
Text by Juerg Judin and Pay Matthis Karstens, with English translation.
Published by Galerie Judin, Berlin, 2016
"Picturing People: The New State of Art"
Charlotte Mullins, Thames & Hudson, 2015.
The companion to the bestselling Painting People explores the most exciting artists working with the figure today.
"A Brush with the Real: Figurative Painting Today"
A survey of key contemporary artists who have each embraced painting and are working within a realist tradition.
Laurence King Publishers, 2014